top of page
Image by XPS

What insurance do I need when buying a house?

Getting you into your new home is our number one priority but keeping you there is where we can also help, it’s important to plan for the unforeseen and ensure you have the right protection in place to give you and your loved ones peace of mind.

An advisor at Amulet Mortgages will be able to assess your protection/insurance and give you a few options to chose from. It's important to think about whether you'll need:

  • Cover for your property to protect the building and your contents in the event of damage, theft etc.

  • Income protection insurance, also known as accident and sickness cover, which will cover you for a percentage of your monthly salary in the event of being off work due to having an accident or illness, to help you cover your monthly bills and expenditure.

  • Critical illness insurance protection to cover you if you are diagnosed with a serious illness. The illnesses covered will differ between insurance providers.

  • Life insurance to cover you in the event of death. This can be taken out to cover your mortgage, or a lump sum upon death or a terminal illness, to ensure your loved ones are looked after if the worst was to happen.

As with all insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply. The cost of this insurance depends on several factors, such as your age, where you live and your occupation. As a result, the cost you will pay is based on your own circumstances.

bottom of page